We’ve all been there. Things seem to be going great and then BAM! Something happens to rock our boat or perhaps even try and capsize it. Life is not always smooth sailing but it is in the midst of the roughest and toughest waves that we become master sailers.
Yesterday, I sat down and watched “The Devil Wears Prada” for the umpteenth time but this time I was looking for something and here my friends, are what I found:
1. When people push our buttons, we can either a) let it BREAK us or b) let it BUILD us
2. You ALWAYS have a choice. The choice itself however, may not be easy, convenient or the popular thing
3. The meanest and most hard-nose people are really fighting their own battles beneath the surface. Don’t be distracted by ones outer appearance and not see the gift of a person that is within.
“At the end of the game, the king and the pawn return to the same box.”-Unknown
4. The “devil”wears many masks and challenges you to no end and asks you constantly, “do you believe what you say you believe? are you truly who you say you are?” He pushes us to be our Highest and BEST self if we don’t give in or give up to his b.s. and toolbox of tricks (as listed below).
6. Don’t be afraid of the devil (in its many disguises); let the devil be afraid of you. This isn’t a question. It’s a Superhero statement.
“Be the kind of woman (or man) who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil says, ‘oh crap, she’s/he’s up.’”-unknown
7. You are a Rockstar. You are beautiful and brilliant. You have everything within you to do amazing things and live an extraordinary life. To see it, we must believe it and then turn down the volume of fear. If you truly want to show the devil who’s boss, commit to and BE your BEST self each day. As you do, you will grown in power and remove yourself from the influence of the “devil” to be a person who LIVED.