This is about LOVE. Dangerous, Game Changing Love.
Now You See Me, Now You______________.
I love makeover shows. You know the ones that feature the before and after? Whether it is someones closet or refrigerator or their finances or home, I love them all. I believe this mini-obsession stems from the foundation of all makeover shows: amazing grace.
Yes, you read correctly. Makeover shows are the physical or visible reflection of the lyrics of the infamous song Amazing Grace.
Amazing Grace Lyrics John Newton (1725-1807)
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, Was blind, but now I see.
T’was Grace that taught my heart to fear. And Grace, my fears relieved. How precious did that Grace appear The hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come; ‘Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far and Grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me. His word my hope secures. He will my shield and portion be, As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail, And mortal life shall cease, I shall possess within the veil, A life of joy and peace.
Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail, And mortal life shall cease; I shall profess, within the vail, A life of joy and peace.
10 Reasons I love makeovers:
1) we are witnesses to one embracing his/her potential and capacity to shine
2) the individuals find themselves in a rut and stuck and the process of others believing in him or her allows them to break free from that which paralyzed them
3) it’s a reminder of just how many of us find ourselves blinded to our capacity for excellence when we get complacent with the mundane of everyday living. Routine becomes monotony, which leads to day to day living without life.
4) we are witnesses to what is possible
5) I love the WOW factor
6) beyond a physical makeover, true makeovers are a transformation of the soul
7) makeovers are all about this: “I am worth it.” This is precisely what GRACE is about. It is the simple fact that no matter what you do or don’t do, what you look like or don’t look like, what you have or don’t have, YOU ARE WORTH IT.
8) it’s an opportunity to get rid of the trash and make room for the treasure
9) you and I can get caught up in day to day existing that we get lost in the commotion of it…we stop living and merely exist.
10) the power of makeovers is activated when we believe we are worth it, which is sometimes and for some, often activated when someone else expresses belief in us. Yes folks, our belief in another may be just what they need to begin believing in themselves. That’s how powerful you and I are. Please do not take it for granted.
Ladies and Gents, the truth is:
If your fridge is full of crap, there’s a better chance you’ll eat crap. If your closet is full of ill fitting, unflattering clothes, there’s a better chance you’ll dress in unflattering, ill fitting clothes. If your mind is full of negative beliefs, there’s a better chance that you’ll think thoughts that lack love (full of worry, doubt, discouragement).
So here’s your PlayBigPlayNow invite this week: make some time to clear out the trash. Whether it is going through your cupboards, your fridge, your closet, your desk, your inbox or your beliefs, choose atleast one area to focus in on.
When we clear out the trash, we make room for the treasure:)
Here are links to some great resources to help you declutter and have a (mini or major) makeover in your life:
Lifestyle Designer. Catalyst. Connoisseur of Life. Perfectly Imperfect. Foodie. Allergic to Nuts, Shellfish, and Mediocrity. Love Naps. Thought-Provoker. Soul-Stirrer. Multi-instrument Musician. Professional Dreammaker. Drew's Wife. JE SUiS. 1 Corinthians 14:1.
When We Change The Way We Love, We Change The Way We Live. When We Change The Way We Live, We Change The Way We Love.
#dangerouslove #generationamazing View all posts by Joann Lim Lesiuczok